Jovi De Croock
Full-stack Software Engineer
When growing up I discovered a passion for IT, this grew into me working at a hardware store and eventually into finding my passion for programming. This passion turned me to study computer science, find freelancer assignments and eventually my first job.
Nowadays I find myself enjoying work on both front-end as well as back-end systems. Finding elegant solutions to complex behavior is my favorite challenge. In companies I like to empower people to deliver their best work, a force multiplier for others, be that by working on DX or discovering solutions to problems together.
A second passion that has grown over the years is open-source, I love working in the open and I love collaborating with others to solve common development problems.
- Codifly - Web and Mobile engineer (2017-2019)
- Formidable - Senior software engineer - Tech lead (2019-2021)
- Stellate - Staff Software Engineer (2021-Now)
Open source projects
- I have been maintaining Preact since we started on the X release in the start of 2019
- I created Prefresh which is like React Fast Refresh but for Preact specifically
- In June 2019 I started helping out on the Urql project, a lightweight extensible GraphQL Client
- I created Hoofd as I wanted to properly manage my HTML-head through hooks
- I developed GraphQLSP a TypeScript LSP Plugin to properly support inline-hints/... while developing front-end GraphQL applications
- During my time at Formidable, I functioned as a technical lead on modernising the tech-stack of Puma
- Helped develop the ESM HMR Spec
- Google Open Source Peer Bonus 2019 Cycle 2
- VHTI Dendermonde - Hardware
- HoGent - Bachelor Computer Science